Chapter 5 : The Core (Bruce)

War.

They have declared WAR.

Standing on the face of the cliff , looking at the buffer zone below me , I had a surge of adrenaline thinking of the coming battle. From my experience and from what people have said to me , I know but one thing for sure.



I WAS AFRAID OF NOTHING!!

Minutes later I am racing towards the core on Tornado,my black stallion. I had found Tornado in the Savannas outside of the Core Zone. She was a mere foal when I adopted her as my own. Anyhow, it was only yesterday when a few villagers had come in panic. They spoke of the daughter of Colonel Savez , who had the same bravery and anger that her father contained before I had finished him . But one of them later came and told me that she at first, proposed a peaceful discussion and attacked only after Brady (one of the idiot drunkards) called her mother inappropriate words. 


Anyhow, I had better work to do than sort out these petty fights involving little girls with shotguns. I was on my way from the Buffer Zone to the Core to meet the elders. There were three landmarks that came in the forests which would hint that one was getting close to the core. One of them was the bridge of Mist. 




For obvious reasons, the bridge of mist was used as a tactical attacks . It is funny how the bravest of soldiers believe in attacking their target from hiding , or from a distance without going from the forward. If people were really brave , they wouldn't invent guns to kill.


Then again , if people were really brave, they wouldn't be shameless enough to raise armies of child soldiers.


Anyhow, I crossed the bridge of Mist and galloped at full speed. The mist cleared and I started feeling a slight tug on my back. We were going uphill. To the next landmark.


The Ruins of Azbrack.




Azbrack was once the castle that was used by the Elders of Servia to hold their "important" meetings . One thing I have learned from my experiences of living in Servia is that Nothing ever comes out of meetings except useless decisions to hold further meetings. Those who really want to do something take action without consulting a dozen other people, who will , because of human nature, criticize the action. Anyhow, this castle was demolished in the first battle before the division of Servia into the Core and Buffer.

As I crossed and rode further ,I came to the final landmark. The rainbow path . Since the mountains at the back of Servia are always receiving heavy rainfall throughout the year which makes a big rainbow fall right through the core.


Finally, I've entered the village. The elders of Servia await me. Although I have already decided what the next strategy is .


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Acid Rainfall